- Most companies offer benefits of some kind or another, including parental leave, health/medical insurance, and paid time off.
- Other companies, however, approach benefits and perks a little differently.
- Here are 12 companies with unique employee perks, from free burgers and books, to annual Star Wars parties.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Most of us spend more waking hours in the office than anywhere else — so it’s only natural that we want to enjoy our time at work. And perks help…significantly.
Luckily, employers are catching on and starting to find creative ways to make employees feel valued and appreciated — and we’re not just talking about free office kitchen snacks!
We turned to Glassdoor to find 12 companies that offer awesome, fun, unique benefits and perks employees can enjoy both inside and outside of the office.
Hope Restle, Melissa Stanger, and Aaron Taube contributed to an earlier version of this article.
International Cruises & Excursions has an on-site nail salon for employees and tons of travel perks — including free vacations for work anniversaries!
Astrid Stawiarz/Getty Images
This travel company offers on-site nail salon appointments for employees working at their Scottsdale, Arizona location. Employees can book manicure or pedicure appointments during their lunch breaks, or before or after work.
The Arizona campus also offers massages, a full fitness center, travel discounts. Every year employees work with the company, they also receive rewards to put towards an anniversary vacation!
Casper gives their employees free mattresses, pillows, and more — plus you can nap at work.
Working for Casper might just be what dreams are made of. According to Glassdoor, Casper employees receive free mattress packages upon joining the company, catered lunches twice per week, fitness discounts, and unlimited PTO. Employees can also take naps during the workday in the office’s "nap pods," which are fitted with actual beds.
SADA Systems hosts an annual Star Wars party complete with foam lightsaber battles and screenings of the movies.
Glassdoor reports that to celebrate their place as one of the Best Places to Work, the company hosts a Star Wars party for its employees. Coworkers participate in fake lightsaber battles and enjoy screenings of all the iconic movies. The party is now an annual company party on May 4th, aptly named the "May the Fourth Be With You" party.
- What 7 of the most confusing terms you see at a bar actually mean, according to a bartender
- 14 things successful people do right before bed
- Here are the average salaries of professors at all 8 Ivy League schools
firstname.lastname@example.org (Jacquelyn Smith)