Facebook/Salty Shamrock/AP Images
- Irish bar owner Sean Rice has branded Conor McGregor a "scumbag lowlife" after recent CCTV footage appeared to show the former UFC champion punch an elderly man in a Dublin pub.
- Rice, who owns the Salty Shamrock bar in Florida, filmed himself pouring numerous bottles of the fighter’s Proper no. Twelve whiskey down the toilet while repeatedly insulting him.
- "We will discard his whiskey in a fashion that’s only fitting to his behavior" said the bar owner in an accompanying message on Facebook.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Conor McGregor has been branded a "scumbag lowlife" by an Irish bar owner who filmed himself pouring the former UFC champion’s Proper no. Twelve whiskey down the toilet.
In a Facebook post, Sean Rice, who owns the Salty Shamrock bar in Florida, also said the Dublin born fighter is "not a true representative of the Irish people".
Rice’s video came in response to the recent CCTV footage leaked by TMZ which appeared to show McGregor throwing a left fist at an older man in a Dublin pub.
"That’s the lowlife there that we’ve all supported," said Rice to a photo of McGregor hanging just above the toilet as he prepared to flush away the $34-a-bottle liquor.
"Alright guys, get that in the toilet, cause that’s where his whiskey belong right now. Proper no. Twelve to hell with it, it will never be sold at this bar."
Rice added: "That’s where McGregor’s whiskey belongs, the scumbag lowlife."
You can watch the full video here:
Rice’s video is just one example of the backlash McGregor has faced in recent days after the video of him appearing to attack a man in a Dublin pub surfaced.
Dana White, the UFC’s president, told "The Jim Rome Show" on Thursday that "it won’t end well" for McGregor should be continue with his worrying pattern of behaviour outside the ring.
Dublin Senator Catherine Noone also told the Irish Sun that she believes McGregor should be punished heavily for the alleged incident due to his "unique ability in the area of fighting."
- Nate Diaz vs. Jorge Masvidal ‘for the baddest mother-f—– in the game belt’ is a bout Dana White wants, but it leaves Conor McGregor in the cold
- Dana White says it ‘won’t end well’ for Conor McGregor after a video appeared to show him punching an elderly man in a Dublin pub
- A video appears to show Conor McGregor punching an elderly man in the face after he declines a shot of the UFC fighter’s Proper No. Twelve whiskey
firstname.lastname@example.org (Barnaby Lane)