Michael Reaves/Getty Images
- An NFL team asked the league office if star cornerback Jalen Ramsey could play on Sunday after playing Thursday night with the Jacksonville Jaguars, according to ESPN’s Adam Schefter.
- The league office informed the team that players could only play one game per week.
- Ramsey’s trade market seems hot, with the Philadelphia Eagles, Seattle Seahawks, and Kansas City Chiefs reportedly all interested in the All-Pro cornerback.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
The trade market for Jacksonville Jaguars star cornerback Jalen Ramsey appears to be heating up.
According to ESPN’s Adam Schefter, one NFL team is so interested in Ramsey’s services that they asked the league office if Ramsey could play on Sunday if he also plays on Thursday. The Jaguars play the Tennessee Titans on Thursday, and Ramsey is expected to play.
According to Schefter, the league office shot down the team, saying a player can only play one game per week.
Several NFL players have been outspoken about Thursday Night Football, saying the short week is tough on their bodies. Asking Ramsey to play two games in four days — and three games in eight days — would be a tall order. However, it may be a sign of how much teams covet the fourth-year, All-Pro cornerback.
Ramsey asked the Jaguars for a trade on Monday, following a heated dispute with head coach Doug Marrone on the sidelines during Week 2.
Ramsey is due for a contract extension. He wanted one from the Jaguars before the 2019 season, but the team denied him, instead, picking up his fifth-year option, worth $13 million. Ramsey then showed up to training camp in a Brinks truck. Ramsey’s impending extension, and the Jaguars’ asking price — reportedly two first-round picks — has perhaps delayed any trades.
According to CBS’s Jason La Canfora, the Philadelphia Eagles, Seattle Seahawks, and Kansas City Chiefs are all interested in landing Ramsey.
- Read more:
- ESPN analyst and former NFL player Ryan Clark ripped Paul Finebaum for saying ‘it’s over’ for Cam Newton and that no one should feel bad
- There is growing buzz about the Patriots pulling off a perfect season
- NFL POWER RANKINGS: Where every team stands going into Week 3
- The 12 biggest controversies in the NFL’s 100-year history
- Top 15 waiver-wire pickups for Week 3 of fantasy football
- 46-year-old kicker Adam Vinatieri appears to tease an imminent retirement after missing 2 extra points on Sunday
- Jags star Jalen Ramsey and head coach Doug Marrone get into shouting match and had to be separated on sideline
firstname.lastname@example.org (Scott Davis)